This post is to announce a fan art contest with entries featuring characters from any Mark Lawrence novels. The three best entries will receive an Advance Reading Copy of Mark Lawrence’s highly anticipated new novel:
provided as prize for this competition by ACE Books
A random winner will also receive a signed (or dedicated) Mark Lawrence novel, which they can choose from a wide selection, including foreign editions where available.
To enter the competition create an original piece of two-dimensional art (Painting, Drawing, Photography, Digital Art, etc) and email it to us by clicking HERE.
We are looking to receive entries featuring original elements conceived and created by you, the artist. Please make sure that your entry doesn’t violate any copyright laws and doesn’t include any copyrighted material, trademarks or logos owned by another party. Your entry mustn’t be a copy of a photo/artwork that you do not own or have permission to use.
UPDATE: After receiving an entry from one of Mark’s short stories we have made the decision to slightly alter the rules and start accepting entries featuring characters from Mark’s short stories, too. (1st February 2017.)
This is an international competition, open to everyone.
You can submit as many entries as you like.
The contest closes on Sunday, 19th February 2017 and will be judged by
Mark Lawrence, Pen Astridge and Agnes Meszaros
Due to individual setups the Mailto link might not work properly in some cases.
If that happens for you just drop me a message through the contact form and I’ll get back to you.
Best of luck, everyone! – Agnes
Huge thank you to Pen Astridge for creating the above image for this competition announcement!
1. ‘Desert boogie’ by Kristen McDowell
2. ‘Dad & his Rainbow Angel’ (from During the Dance) by Ralph Seibert
3. ‘A goblinized version of a young Jorg’ by Trevor Hob Sherman
4. ‘Snorri vs Bear… minus Snorri. Didn’t go according to plan.’ by J.P. Ashman & Freya
5. ‘The Clever, The Brave, and the Dead’ by Rob J. Hayes
6. ‘Snorri meets Nona’ by Lucille Bozzetto
7. ‘A View Through Thorns’ by Eamonn Wilson
‘A Fail…’ by Eamonn Wilson
‘Red, Grey and Holy’ by Eamonn Wilson
8. ‘Ancraths’ Thorn’ by Dan J. Brown
9. ‘Stick Stigma’ by Ben
10. Stunted thorn tree by Edea Baldwin
11. Miana by Kristina Thomas
12. Snorri by Brittany Phillips
13. Red Kent by Juan Pablo Cartasso
14. Jalan by Jordy Stans
15. Luntar by Peter
16. ‘Ancrath tomb’ by Luisa Homboy
17. ‘Princess Alicia Kendeth at the battle of Ameroth Keep’ by Carol de Carvalho
18. ‘Beware’ by Dorottya Grégász
19. ‘Dead-Eye’ by Daryl Bamforth
20. ‘Prince Jorg’ by Molly Norris
21. ‘Mother’s Music’ by Krystal Wolfe
22. Jalan by Rachelle Geere
23. ‘Marshal Jalan’ by Lily Yearwood
24. ‘Jorg on the Lichway’ (Chalk on wall) by Josiah Bancroft
25. Gorgoth by Petros Triantafylloy
26. “Fast as I need to be” by Thomas Goldbach
(Remos Jax from young Mikoes’s perspective in Gunlaw)
27. ‘Rainbow Sister’ by Laura Hughes
28. ‘Princess Miana’ by Danielle Brownlie
29. ‘I hate ships’ by Victor Bercea
30. ‘Fight’ by Laura Wolterstorff
31. ‘Escape’ by Păun Livia
33. ‘Broken Empire Emojis’ by Κωνσταντίνα Κωνσταντίνα
34. ‘Bear’ by Vivianne Holmén
35. Katherine by Sarah Trac