This is just a quick post to note a few things in regards to the upcoming series, which is titled Book of the Ancestor:
- I’ve written a post on my blog about the books from a beta-reader’s perspective. It’s spoiler-free and if you’d like to read it, it’s HERE.
- Mark has finished writing the third book of the trilogy on 7th August 2016! YAY!
- Book #1, which is titled Red Sister, can now be pre-ordered on Amazon US and UK, with publishing dates April 4, 2017 and 6 Apr 2017 indicated on the sites respectively. Pre-orders help authors tremendously, please consider supporting Mark and his books by pre-ordering the first book early on!
- Ace Books already has a cover draft for the US edition of Red Sister prepared, which is by artist Bastien Lecouffe Deharme.
- The blurb for Red Sister is now featured on Amazon:
“I was born for killing – the gods made me to ruin”
At the Convent of Sweet Mercy young girls are raised to be killers. In a few the old bloods show, gifting talents rarely seen since the tribes beached their ships on Abeth. Sweet Mercy hones its novices’ skills to deadly effect: it takes ten years to educate a Red Sister in the ways of blade and fist.
But even the mistresses of sword and shadow don’t truly understand what they have purchased when Nona Grey is brought to their halls as a bloodstained child of eight, falsely accused of murder: guilty of worse.
Stolen from the shadow of the noose, Nona is sought by powerful enemies, and for good reason. Despite the security and isolation of the convent her secret and violent past will find her out. Beneath a dying sun that shines upon a crumbling empire, Nona Grey must come to terms with her demons and learn to become a deadly assassin if she is to survive…